NEW YEAR'S FORUM: 9 Points of Hope for 2009 from The Women’s Foundation of California’s Judy Patrick
1. We act from hope and possibility rather than fear.
2. We build bridges across our differences through love and compassion.
3. Generosity trumps greed and justice triumphs.
4. Women and their families are central in the economic recovery package.
5. Every woman and girl is supported in her dreams for self-realization, whether through a friend’s loyalty, a parent’s love or a partner’s respect.
6. Policy makers and corporate executives choose to act with integrity and courage.
7. Every person in the US believes that her actions can make a difference.
8. Congress passes and President Obama signs the Fair Pay Act, true health care reform and just immigration reform.
9. When all might seem dismal, creativity will spring forth from the darkness. Because in any scenario, opportunity exists.
What We Do
NCRW is a network of leading university and community based research, policy, and advocacy centers with a growing global reach dedicated to advancing rights and opportunities for women and girls. We also have a Corporate Circle comprised of senior diversity professionals from leading U.S. and global member companies and a Presidents Circle of college and university leaders who share our commitment. NCRW harnesses the collective power of its network to provide knowledge, analysis, and thought leadership on issues ranging from reducing women’s poverty to building a critical mass of women’s leadership across sectors.