Resouces for International Activists and Leaders
=National Council for Research on Women Member Center
=Contain Lesson Plans and Resources for Teachers
The Abigail Quigley McCarthy Center for Women’s Research, Resources, and Scholarship @ The College of St. Catharine
- Main site: http://minerva.stkate.edu/offices/academic/womencenter.nsf
- Useful Links: http://minerva.stkate.edu/offices/academic/womencenter.nsf/pages/internationalwomensissues/?OpenDocument&Expand=3
- The AQM Center works to promote research on issues of race, class, and gender. The center’s online resources include a list of links to organizations that work in and promote international women’s issues.
The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID)
- AWID’s website contains useful information on international women’s issues, including data and descriptions about current women’s rights issues in the world and a section on women’s rights in the news. The website also contains tools and resources for activists.
- Women’s Rights in the News
- Women In Action
Announcements, Urgent Calls for Action, New Resources, and Calls for Participation.
- Tools for the Promotion of Women’s Rights
This collection of resources is searchable and can be browsed by region, topic, type, or AWID initiative.
- Issues and Analysis
This collection of analyses of the state of women’s rights around the world is searchable and browseable by region, topic, type of content, or AWID initiative.
The Feminist Majority Foundation
- FMF’s website contains a section devoted to global women’s issues and activism. Includes information about issues, links to NGOs, and information about international treaties, and updates on global feminist news.
The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW)
- ICRW is an organization devoted to ending poverty through research, advocacy, and policy. The center’s website contains information about current global women’s issues, including information about their own campaigns and publications.
- Information on ICRW’s current projects
- List of Online Resources
Rutgers Center for Women’s Global Leadership (CWGL)
- Main Site: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu/
- Resources for international leaders: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu/wgli/resources.html
- The Center develops and facilitates women's leadership for women's human rights and social justice worldwide. CWGL’s website contains information about the Center’s current work with NGOs and the UN, Action Alerts, and details about specific campaigns. Additionally the center provides a list of tools and resources to help develop international leaders.
Women’s Environment and Development Organization (WEDO)
- The Women’s Environment and Development Organization, founded by Abzug and Mim Kelber, is an international organization that advocates for women’s equality in global policy. WEDO’s advocacy work covers four program areas: Economic & Social Justice, Gender & Governance, Sustainable Development, and U.S. Global Policy. By working in key global forums such as the UN, WEDO advocates for and seeks to empower women as decision makers to achieve economic, social and gender justice, a healthy, peaceful planet and human rights for all.
- WEDO’s website contains information and resources about its campaigns, research, and current issues in global issues.
- WEDO’s Library
- Searchable online database that contains publications and research on the global issues WEDO seeks to address.
Women and Gender in Global Perspectives Program (WGGP) at the University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign
- Main site: http://www.ips.uiuc.edu/wggp/index.shtml
- List of international organizations: http://www.ips.uiuc.edu/wggp/links2.shtml
- The Women and Gender in Global Perspectives Program is an academic unit in the International Programs and Studies (IPS) Division of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) that promotes the study of global human security and gender equity. Their website boasts a collection of resources including their own research and initiatives. Also of interest to international activists and leaders is their list of links to international organizations dealing with women’s issues.
Know more great resources? Please send any corrections, additions, or creative ideas to email@example.com with subject "Abzug Resources." Thank you for participating in this project.