The Center for Women's Studies and Gender Research offers an interdisciplinary forum for the study of gender, its function in cultures and societies, and its intersection with race and class. Students may choose from three areas of concentration within the BA program: General Concentration, Concentration in Theories and Politics of Sexuality, Concentration in Gender and International Development. A minor in Women's Studies and a minor in Theories and Politics of Sexuality are also available. The Center offers master's and doctoral students the Graduate Certificate in Women's Studies in conjunction with (other) degree programs. Graduate students may choose a thesis or non-thesis Master of Arts degree.
Principal StaffJudith W. Page, Interim Director, Dept. Of English Waldo W. Neikirk Term Professor of Arts and Sciences
Ph. (352) 273-0387
Fax: (352) 392-4873
Amanda Davis, Adjunct lecturer, Women's Studies
Ph. (352) 392-3365
Tim Fogarty, Adjunct Lecturer
Ph. (352) 846-6083
Donna Tuckey, Office Manager
Ph. (352) 392-3365
Areas of Expertise:Sexuality & Gender , Women's, Gender & Feminist Studies 
Projects & Campaigns
Gender Studies and Linguistics. A collaborative effort with the Nizhny Novgorod Linguistics University for an international conference and research projects related to gender studies and linguistics.
Development and the Environment. Graduate and undergraduate courses in collaboration with the University of Florida's Institute for Food and Agricultural Science in Ecuador and Uganda in 2002.
Women and Development. A project funded by a US AID grant to explore issues raised by development.
International Scholars. In 2001-02, the center will host a visiting Fulbright scholar from Russia, and a member of the Women's Studies faculty from Makere University in Uganda.
Health and Health Care
Leadership in Women's Health Conference. A conference co-sponsored each year with the Center for Research on Women's Health at the University of Florida.
Reports & Resources
Judith W. Page, Director - British women writers (18th-19th centuries); Women, literature, and landscape; Gender and ecology
Opportunities, Grants & Fellowships
Scholarships, Applications, Forms
- Irene Thompson Scholarship 
- Judith Brown Women's Liberation Leadership Endowment Scholarship 
- The O. Ruth McQuown Scholarship 
- The Alice Charlotte Hogsett Award for Education for Women and Girls 
- The Madelyn Lockhart Dissertation Fellowship 
- P.E.O Scholar Awards
- P.E.O. Scholar Awards (PSA) was established in 1991 to provide substantial awards to women of the United States and Canada who are pursuing a graduate degree, terminal degree masters or are engaged in graduate research at an accredited institution.
- Undergraduate-WST 4905-Independent Study Application Graduate-WST 6905-Independent Study Application