State of Women-owned Businesses Report
- A detailed analysis of data from the U.S. Census Bureau, offering updated estimates of the number of women-owned firms nationally and in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.
- A comparison of growth rates of women-owned businesses over two different time periods: 1997 to 2002 and 2007 to 2012.
- An analysis of the top 25 metropolitan areas for women-owned businesses.
- An analysis of the major industry groups in which women-owned firms are exceeding overall sector growth.
- An analysis of women-owned firms versus the national average based on amount of revenues and size.
(from the press release)
What We Do
NCRW is a network of leading university and community based research, policy, and advocacy centers with a growing global reach dedicated to advancing rights and opportunities for women and girls. We also have a Corporate Circle comprised of senior diversity professionals from leading U.S. and global member companies and a Presidents Circle of college and university leaders who share our commitment. NCRW harnesses the collective power of its network to provide knowledge, analysis, and thought leadership on issues ranging from reducing women’s poverty to building a critical mass of women’s leadership across sectors.