Proposal Analyst and Writer
The National Council for Research on Women works to end gender inequity and discrimination against girls and women by exposing root causes and advancing research-informed action. Working with multiple sectors and disciplines, we are shaping a world that demands fairness across difference.
The Council is seeking a Proposal Analyst and Writer to help research, analyze and develop funding proposals and persuasively communicate the Council’s mission and programs to a broad audience of funders, with an emphasis on foundations.This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, committed team of professionals as they grow the organization and execute the newly completed three-year strategic plan. This position reports directly to the Vice President for External Relations.
- Research, analyze and develop relationships with new and current major foundations, public and private funders and other prospective supporters.
- Prepare and submit grant proposals, including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations
- Manage, track and prepareacknowledgements and reports for all grants ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Research, manage and track cultivation of current and potential major donors. Assist VP for External Relations with outreach and cultivation of these prospects.
- Write fundraising content for bi-annualappeals, website, annual report and other fundraising materials.
- Work with Communications to ensure the Council website’s funder information iscurrent.
- Provide supportas needed in other fund development areas including, Awards Dinner, Corporate Circle and Presidents Circle.
- BA/BS Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least four years of fundraising experience with an emphasis on foundation cultivation
- Outstanding writing capabilities, particularly for grantproposals
- Strategic thinker with attention to detail; excellent written andoral communication skills; ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Very strong capacity to analyze and conduct research and organize information
- Ability to work independently, while possessing awareness as to when other resources, support or counsel may be required
- Ability to manage time while balancing competing priorities and committed to meeting deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work in a diverse environment
- Process and results orientation
- Flexibility, patience, a willingness to take on multiple tasks, efficiency, a friendly disposition, sense of humor and strong problem-solving skills
$46,000 plus health, dental, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance; pension plan (8% contribution with full vesting after 2 years); access to Transitcheck program; 12 paid holidays; 20 annual PTO days
The National Council for Research on Women considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability. The Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our job listings page at www.ncrw.hiringthing.com to apply for this position. Applications will be reviewed only if they include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your résumé, two related writing samples, and a list of 3-4 references.
Given the anticipated interest in this position, it will be possible to respond only to those candidates who best match our needs. No phone calls please.